Would you like to remove walls to create larger spaces? Or reconfigure the layout of your home to create better flow and better use of space?
Home renovations on the North Shore are a good way to make your home better suit your lifestyle needs – and it can add value to your home.
Popular North Shore renovations include:
- Moving bedrooms and bathrooms to a more suitable location
- Opening up living spaces by removing walls
- Creating larger, open plan kitchen and dining areas
- Re-allocating space so each child can have its own bedroom.
What are the renovation steps for a house?
The first step in the house renovation process is to arrange a FREE briefing meeting with our experienced team.
We’ll guide you through the renovation process, but in short we take the same approach for home renovation projects as we do for building new homes. That means Concept Design development and Final Plans.
This detailed approach to renovations has a number of benefits:
- If you choose to get your plans drawn up by us, you’ll be able to visualise exactly how your home will look, because you’ll have a 3D model as well as plans and illustrations. You’ll also have the opportunity to make changes to the Concept Designs so you end up with exactly the right result.
- Already have plans you’re happy with? Then we can work from those.
- We’ll be able to calculate the materials and labour needed, so the home renovation project will fit your budget.
- The building process will be carefully managed from start to finish, and we’ll keep you informed of the progress.
- You’ll have all the information needed to apply for building consent (and resource consent, if it’s needed).
It’s this level of detail that will give you the best house renovations!
You can read more details about the home renovation and building process here.
Why choose Leonard Construction for your home renovations on the North Shore?
- Good old-fashioned craftsmanship: Adam Leonard is a third-generation carpenter who followed his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps in the building industry. Continuing the family tradition creates pride in the workmanship – a rare trait in today’s age. You can read more about the Leonard family here.
- Family values: Leonard Construction is a real family business – Adam is the builder. His wife, Michelle, is an Architectural Designer who provides design advice, and also creates the concept designs and final plans. And Adam’s brother also works as a builder in the business. Keeping it in the family means we can provide you with a prompt, cost efficient and seamless service.
- Full service: Whether you already have building plans or need some drawn up, we can help you. Best of all, the plans are drawn up in-house by Michelle Leonard, which simplifies the communication process for you.
- Flexible and innovative: Your home renovations will be unique to suit your needs – you don’t need to compromise on anything! And because our building team is supported by an experienced management team, it means that everything is costed out to suit your budget.
- Help with council consents: We’ll draw up all the paperwork needed for Building Consents, Resource Consents and Code Compliance Certificates (CCC). We know what the council’s looking for, and will help you navigate the paperwork maze to make the home renovation process as straightforward as possible.
- Project management: As your home renovation experts on the North Shore, we’ll manage all the subcontractors for you: plumbers, electricians, gas fitters… whatever’s needed, we’ll check that the work is completed to the highest quality. We’ll make the process of renovating your home enjoyable and easy for you.
- Guaranteed workmanship: There’s a 10-year guarantee for structural defects, and 2-year guarantee for non-structural defects. (The same guarantees apply to extensions and renovations as for new builds.)
Take the next step: organise your FREE briefing meeting today
Stop putting up with a house that doesn’t really suit your needs, tastes or lifestyle!
Want to find out more about home renovations on the North Shore?
With a major alteration such as ours you always come across the odd unforseen problem or two but nothing fazed Adam and we were very impressed with the final outcome and appearance of the alterations.