House extensions are the ideal way of improving your house – and without the hassle of moving. Best of all, home extensions don’t just add space to your home – they also add value.
House extensions in Auckland can range from grand designs to simple solutions:
- Adding a garage, bedroom or en-suite.
- Extending upwards to add another storey to a home.
- Building a granny flat for an aging parent – or for extra income.
- Converting an attic space into a liveable room.
What is the process for building an extension?
The first step in the house extension building process is to arrange a FREE briefing meeting with our experienced team.
We’ll guide you through the house extension process, but in short we take the same approach for home extension projects as we do for building new homes. That means Concept Design Development and Final Plans.
This detailed approach to home extensions has a number of benefits:
- If you choose to get your plans drawn up by us, you’ll be able to visualise exactly how your home will look, because you’ll have a 3D model as well as plans and illustrations. You’ll also have the opportunity to make changes to the Concept Designs so you end up with exactly the right result.
- Already have plans you’re happy with? Then we can work from those.
- We’ll be able to calculate the materials and labour needed, so the home extension project will fit your budget.
- The building process will be carefully managed from start to finish, and we’ll keep you informed of the progress.
- You’ll have all the information needed to apply for building consent (and resource consent, if needed).
It’s this level of detail that will give you the best home extensions!
You can read more details about the home extension and building process here.
Why choose Leonard Construction for your home extensions on Auckland’s North Shore?
- Good old-fashioned craftsmanship: Adam Leonard is a third-generation carpenter who followed his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps in the building industry. Continuing the family tradition creates pride in the workmanship – a rare trait in many businesses today. You can read more about the Leonard family here.
- Family values: Leonard Construction is a real family business – Adam is the builder; and his wife Michelle is an Architectural Designer who provides design advice, and also creates the concept designs and final plans. And Adam’s brother is employed as a builder. Keeping it in the family means we can provide you with a prompt, cost efficient and seamless service.
- Full service: Whether you already have building plans or need some drawn up, we can help you. Best of all, the plans are drawn up in-house by Michelle Leonard, which simplifies the communication process for you.
- Flexible and innovative: Your house extension will be unique to suit your needs – you don’t need to compromise on anything! And because our building team is supported by an experienced management team, it means that everything is costed out to suit your budget.
- Help with council consents: We’ll draw up all the paperwork needed for Building Consents, Resource Consents and Code Compliance Certificates (CCC). We know what the council’s looking for, and will help you navigate the paperwork maze to make the home extension process as straightforward as possible.
- Project management: As your home extension experts on Auckland’s North Shore, we’ll manage all the subcontractors for you: plumbers, electricians, gas fitters… whatever’s needed, we’ll check that the work is completed to the highest quality. We’ll make the process for extending your home enjoyable and easy for you.
- Guaranteed workmanship: There’s a 10-year guarantee for structural defects, and 2-year guarantee for non-structural defects. (The same guarantees apply to extensions and renovations as for new builds.)
Take the next step: organise your FREE briefing meeting today
Stop putting up with a house that isn’t big enough for you an your family!
Want to find out more about house extensions on the North Shore?